Dates of interest
- The Thanksgiving holiday for students begins Nov. 21, and classes resume at 8 a.m. Nov. 26.
- Final exams are the week of Dec. 10, and Commencement is Dec. 15 in Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena.
- The university will close Dec. 24, 2018, and reopen Jan. 2, 2019.
- Classes will resume Jan. 14, 2019.
Join TCU’s faculty, staff and students for our Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Nov. 27 at 6:30 p.m. in the Campus Commons. The event, which is free and open to the public, will include a concert by Johnnyswim, an American folk, soul, blues pop music duo, as well as a small fireworks show.
The clear bag policy in effect for football games will be used for this event. If you plan to attend the tree lighting, only the following items are permitted:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and not exceeding 14 inches by 14 inches
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap with one of the clear plastic bags
- Diaper bags and strollers are permitted following proper inspection at the entry points.
Exceptions will be granted for medically necessary items after proper inspection at the entry points.
Pets, coolers, chairs, glass bottles, alcohol/drugs, tobacco, firearms and drones are not permitted.
Parking lots are open for guests, and complimentary shuttle service is available. See map below for parking areas.
Want to get a head start on your holiday shopping? The Brown-Lupton University Union will host its annual holiday market Nov. 29 and 30 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Shop dozens of vendors, including jewelry, clothing, accessories, home décor and more, and check items off your holiday gift—or wish—list.